Back to the monday runs this week, joining the striders for a club run of 6.3 miles and 0.7 miles warm up. nice and easy on a cross country and hilly route.
Wednesday was the speed session, which involved:
- 4x 4 minutes @ 10km pace, 1 minute active recovery
- 4x 2 minutes @ 1 mile pace, 1 minute active recovery
- 4x 1 minute @ 800 metre pace with 30 seconds recovery
I ended up clocking around 6 minute miling for the quicker sessions working really hard.
Saturday I ran to and did parkrun for a total of 4.8 miles.
Next week I begin half marathon training for Cheltenham.
- 7.0 miles - easy club run
- 6.4 miles - workout
- 4.8 miles - warmup and parkrun