I work as a Head of Engineering at a multi-faceted fintech in the wealth management space.
I wrote my first bit of HTML in a Notepad window sometime around 1999 and never really stopped, I’ve been hands-off day-to-day at work for several years now, but I still like to dabble in my spare time.
- Having learned a little python, I created a twitter bot tweeting breaking news and associated low-fi Chelsea official news app because, for some reason, modern websites don’t produce RSS feeds.
- I have been compiling a repository of engineering management tools to help the day job and others in the role.
- Boinc - Contribute computing capacity is hosted for a friend.
- Cheltenham open data is an GitHub organisation that uses open data sources relevant to my hometown. Projects include using and archiving official government statistics of Covid-19, Food bank data, street crimes, fix-my-street and more.
- CLC Striders is my local running club’s website - I rebuilt from the ground-up reducing the clubs costs by 66%. The site is built using Jekyll a static site generator built on Ruby, utilising GitHub Pages and Actions. Winning a club award in 2020.
In The Press
During an era of running a successful football analytics website I had work published on the Chelsea FC website, FourFourTwo magazine, Man City’s match day programme, the Daily Mail, the Independent and various club fan sites.
The Twitter account, active from 2010 to 2018, peaked at 185,000 followers with a monthly reach of 8 million users worldwide all through organic growth.