Tips To Encourage Autonomy in Children
- Let Children Make Choices. “Are you in the mood for your gray trousers, or your red trousers?”
- Show Respect for a Child’s Struggle. “A jar can be hard to open. Sometimes it helps if you tap the lid with a spoon.”
- Don’t Ask Too Many Questions. “Glad to see you. Welcome home.”
- Don’t Rush to Answer Questions. “That’s an interesting question. what do you think?”
- Encourage Children to Use Sources Outside the Home. “Maybe the pet shop owner would have a suggestion.”
- Don’t Take Away Hope. “so you’re thinking of trying out for the play! that should be an experience”
Published 1 May 2022, with 102 words.