a no-bake cake that’s perfect for making with children. You can also pick and mix the fillings to suit your taste
- 250g/8oz digestive biscuits
- 150g/5oz milk chocolate
- 150g/5oz dark chocolate
- 100g/3½oz unsalted butter
- 150g/5oz golden syrup
- 100g/3½oz dried apricots, chopped
- 75g/2½oz raisins
- 60g/2oz pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preparation method
- Use cling film to line a 20cm (8in) shallow, square-shaped tin. Leave extra cling film hanging over the sides.
- Bash the biscuits into pieces using a rolling pin. (Put them in a plastic bag first so they don’t go everywhere!)
- Melt chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the broken biscuits, apricots, raisins and pecans (optional).
- Spoon the mixture into the tin.
- Level the surface by pressing it down with a potato masher.
- Leave to cool, then put the chocolate mixture in the fridge for 1-2 hours to set.
- Turn out the cake and peel off the cling film.
- Cut the cake into 12 squares and enjoy!